Friday, June 13, 2014

I had to have The Why Talk

I’ve talked before about “The Why.” I truly feel it’s important for people to have a solid reason for why they have set any goal and why they should ruthlessly pursue it through all the hard times that failure surely seems more imminent than success. Life isn’t butterflies and rainbows. It’s tough and cut throat and either you’re going to work hard and make it or…you’re not.

Anyhoover, last night I had to have a very strong “why” discussion with myself. As I mentioned before, I’m attempting to “eat right for my type” which cuts out a lot of things from my diet that I thoroughly enjoy. Avacados…gluten…dairy. Basically, I’m left with meat and veggies and most fruits. I grilled organic steaks and burgers and sausages. All of these things I’m allowed to eat (plain, of course). But…there was also Mac and Cheese and French Fries.

I had a bad day. And let me tell you about what happens when I have bad days. I eat. A lot. And I eat everything. Food is (and always has been) synonymous with comfort for me. So. I had the talk with myself. “I am doing this because I have a weight loss goal. I have a fitness goal. I want to sleep better and have a better functioning body. Some of these things simply aren’t good for me and should not be a part of me because they’re only going to make me feel bad.”

I didn’t eat the Mac and Cheese or the French Fries. It felt like a victory. Me:1 Food: 0. I ate my meat and snow peas and was left feeling satisfied and not needing anything else. I promised myself that I’d try this for 30 days to see if it helped. Maybe it will – maybe it won’t. The only thing that I can do is try. And now that I’m 5 days in, I can say I slept better last night and my tummy has been much happier.

But gosh do I miss cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!