Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Running Group Success

First off, let me go ahead and tell you how much I love my running group. Last Saturday, rain was in the forecast. I’m not going to lie, the first thing I did when my alarm went off at 6:30 AM was check the radar and the hourly predictions and hoped for a bunch of rain so I could stay in my warm bed with my handsome man and snooze away the morning. But what did I find? Only clouds and no chance of rain until much later in the morning. So I got up, got dressed and headed towards the meeting spot.

As usual, I got really nervous before we started. I’m still not over my fear that I won’t be good enough or I’ll slow the group down. Once we got started, the first mile was brutal. I don’t know why mile 1 is always such a crappy 11 minutes of my life but it is. The beauty of this group is that there are so many volunteer coaches that no matter what pace you’re going at, you have a coach with you. This week I was with one other girl who was running and then two coaches were with us. Susie, the coach I talked to the most, is 62 and has been running for 5 years. She has completed 4 marathons and is amazing. Throughout the entire run she was so nice and talkative and encouraging. She and the other coach that was with us routinely told us how great we were doing and kept our spirits up.

This is exactly what I was hoping to get from this. It makes me so excited to be doing my long runs for marathon training with them. I’ll need all the help and support that I can get during the super long runs.

In other news, my Visalus shakes are going pretty well. Due to some poor eating choices over the weekend, I’m not really sure if they’re effective or not yet. I’ll give you a full report at the end of the week. The protein powder is much tastier than others. It’s also a lot easier to add things to it and blend. I’ve added both veggies and fruit to it and it’s been wonderful. It’s something I’d probably purchase again.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week thus far and I’ll catch up with you this weekend from the BEACH!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you're doing the running group thing! :) That is just what you need. You know, I was reading an article the other day about how quickly you lose your fitness ability and it basically makes sense that you used to be a different pace than you are now... Let me dig it up and email it to you... :) HAVE SO MUCH FUN AT THE BEACH OMG OMG OMG you deserve this break. Please enjoy the hell outta it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!