Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Publix Georgia Half Marathon !

This past Sunday I was lucky enough to participate in a race with my friend of many years, Meghan. She is an absolute Tennis rockstar but is just starting her running journey. I convinced her that she was strong enough to sign up for the Georgia Half Marathon. I can't say it enough - I am truly honored to have been able to be with her as she crossed the finish line.

I think she experienced an entire rang of emotions during this race. She went from "I can't do this" to "why am I doing this?" to "OMG I'm doing this!" to "OMG I just did that!" It was amazing. I am so proud of her.

The race, for me, wasn't about a time or running the whole thing. It was about being there for someone and truly giving them the ability to believe in themself. It was a blast being able to joke around, be wildly positive and pump nothing but positive energy into the air. We made friends along the way and chatted with all the people who were out there supporting us. I received complements from strangers about how much they appreciated my positive attitude. That meant the world to me.

I left that race with a new light inside of me. I remembered what running is about. It's about the journey and all that it can help you realize. Pushing limits and breaking your personal barriers.

The medal this year was pretty snazzy, too ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!