Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Weekend Used to be a Dream....

Ah, the weekend. I'm still getting used to it. I love having two full days in a row to do what I want and enjoy time with my loved ones. I spent the day yesterday in Newnan, Georgia with one of my best friends. We ate Mexican (margaritas included) and overindulged in some ice cream...
It was worth all the hundreds and hundreds of calories. Though, I was kinda shocked that I just couldn't finish it all. I barely got half the cone down. I suppose this is for the best? 

I've been battling a pretty ridiculous ear ache. I've got these bad boys to help take the pain away. It's helping but I've entered into ear infection territory so off to the Dr. I go on Monday... womp womp womp. 


Overall, it's been a really fabulous weekend. I managed to get up and get to the gym in time for Yoga this morning. We asked to focus on hips and... all I have to say is be careful what you ask for. I just know I'm going to be aching tomorrow. I got in a bit of carido before, too so I'm pretty pleased. 

Tomorrow I'm hitting the gym early for spin. After spin I'm going to try to get in a quick 5k and some resistance band work before heading off to the day job. Working out in the morning has started to grow on me. I don't have to "make room" for it in my schedule after work and can just go home and relax. I go to bed at the same time no matter how early I wake up anyway so I may as well get my butt in motion and make the best of all the hours of the day! 


This is going to be my mantra for Monday.

There's no kill switch on Awesome. 

This is how I'm going to go into the week. I'm going to kick ass in every thing I do. I'm going to hit the gym and eat things that help me and not set me back. I'm going to be kind to myself and accept my imperfections as beautiful characteristics belonging only to me. I'm going to do the best I can do and accept when I don't quite meet my own personal expectations. I'm going to do my best and my best is all I can ask for. 

Have a great Monday, y'all! 

How was your weekend? 
Did you complete a kick ass work out? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment!